15 Amazing facts about Heathrow Airport!
- From check-in desks to air traffic controllers and shop workers, Heathrow Airport employs around 76,000 people to work around the airport terminals. To put the number into some perspective, that covers the whole population of the town Guilford in Surrey.
- There are six terminals at Heathrow, which is more than any other airport within Europe. Terminal 1 to Terminal 5 covers commercial and business flights, while Terminal 6 is reserved for VIPs only. The terminal is extremely small and boasts a Royal Suite, which is frequently used by the British Royal Family, heads of state and A list celebrities.
- Though Heathrow is Europe’s busiest airport it does have downtime between 11:30 pm to 4:30 am. This gives the airport time to repair equipment, conduct security checks, restock the shops and clean the airport. It also respects residents who live nearby who might be disturbed by planes operating through the night.
- With more than 70 million passengers on a yearly basis, Heathrow is the third busiest airport in the world, coming in behind Hartfield Jackson International Airport in Atlanta and Beijing International Airport.
- The most popular destination for Heathrow’s flyers is Spain, with an average of 27 million passengers seeking warmer temperatures in the sun-kissed country each year. The USA is the second most popular country for Heathrow’s jet setters, raking in 13 million passengers on a yearly basis. Heathrow to Edinburgh is the most sought domestic flight, which carries around 1 million passengers each year.
- Heathrow has two runways which serve to 205,000 passengers every day. 80 airlines operate at Heathrow, with the most popular being British Airways which has the whole of Terminal 5 dedicated to its flights.
- Every day around 1400 flights take off and land at Heathrow, which is around one every 45 seconds.
- Of course, Heathrow is a super busy place and sometimes things go wrong. Usually, vehicles provide the fastest response for emergencies, however, instead mountain bikes are used as the first response team at all terminals at Heathrow.
- There are more than 340 retailers and food establishments at Heathrow, which range from Gordon Ramsey’s Plane Food, WHSmith and Pret a Manger.
- The airport has a secret controller facility which acts as a back-up in an extreme case that the main tower is unable to function. It would take the controllers just two hours to set up and start operating from there.
- Heathrow’s Cargo Centre has transported a fair share of unusual cargo over the years. Lions, Rhinos and Sharks have boarded flights at Heathrow, as well as China’s Terracotta Warriors and parts for Nasa’s Space Station.
- Heathrow Airport Holdings who own the airport, spend just short of 1 billion each year in running costs. An additional 660 million is spent on building works and upgrading costs. The airport makes around 2.3 billion on a yearly basis which provides an extremely healthy profit.
- If an aircraft is deemed to make too much noise they are ultimately fined, with the proceeds given to local communities to fund small projects.
- Heathrow opened for commercial flights in 1946 and was known as London Airport, prior to this Heathrow was used as an RAF base.
- 70 per cent of Heathrow’s jet setters are holidaymakers, while the other 30 per cent of passengers use the airport for business purposes.
Business or pleasure? Why not get an outcall massage!
So you probably get the impression Heathrow is a super busy place, which can often be stressful for not just the workers, but for the passengers also. However, if you’re seeking some down time before your flight or after you land then we highly recommend an outcall massage. Many high-class London massaging establishments extend their plush services to Heathrow, with an outcall package which operates to hotels, homes and serviced apartments within the TW postcode. Kick back and relax as you invite a stunning masseuse to your doorstep, who will bring everything needed to give you an erotic massage to remember. You only need to give 90 minutes notice for an outcall to Heathrow (that’s less than the waiting time for your flight!) All you need to do is call or text with your full name and address – and we will do the rest! Oh and we forgot to mention, we operate from 10 am to 3 am, seven days a week – so whatever time you fly we will have an oriental girl available to fulfil your orgasmic needs. Get ready for take off the right way with our saucy massages! Find out more about our Erotic massage at Heathrow Airport guide. If you wish to book with us please call on 07990486678